Thin films of wide bandgap semiconductors are deposited by vapor phase epitaxy:
- cubic silicon carbide (3C-SiC)
- gallium oxide (Ga2O3)
- 3C-SiC and Ga2O3 may be used in high power devices and in novel sensors.
We grow magnetic 3D metals and alloys as bulk materials or thin films, designing the single-phase or composite material to obtain the desired magnetic properties or study a specific physical problem. We have been able in several cases to achieve the control of the magnetic and functional properties by in-depth studying, and finally controlling, structure, microstructure and morphology.
Many materials can be successfully made with the PED pulsed electron technique; among these we point out:
- solar radiation absorbers for photovoltaic solar cells: CIGS, CIS, CGS, CuSbSe2, Ge
- materials for superconducting tapes: CeO2, YBCO
- insulating oxides: ZnO, ZnMgO, ZnS, ZnOS, Al2O3
- conductive oxides: ZnO: Al
- other materials: SiC